Great news Cleveland Indians fans, since they just signed Jose Ramirez to a 5-year $26 million dollar extension.
Get all the details on Jose Ramirez new deal with the Indians…
LatinoAthlete.com has the latest news on Jose Ramirez who just hit a home run with the Cleveland Indians when it comes to contract extensions.
Despite the early leak of of Ramirez landing the deal over the weekend. The team would not confirm until Tuesday morning. Today, the Indians made it official, they agreed Jose Ramirez will remain with the team for the next five years. The reason for the delay was that Jose needed to pass his physical first.
Here is the breakdown on the Dominican MLB player for the Indians:
- Jose is expected to get a $2 million signing bonus.
- The deal will cover Ramirez’s arbitration years (2018-20).
- It will also cover his first year of free agency (2021).
- In 2022 and 2023 there are club options.
- Ramirez will make $571,400 this year
- In 2018, he will earn $2,428,600
- The next year cashes out at $3,750,000 in 2019.
- 2020 lands him a whooping $6,250,000 and $9 million in 2021.
- The club options are worth $11 million and $12 million.
- Plus there is a $2 million buyout on the 2020 club option.
- Lastly, escalators could boost the club options by $1 million each.
- Bottom line, is that the guaranteed portion of the deal is worth $26 million.
All in all, Jose Ramirez deal could land him a phat $50 million as long as he plays his cards right.
Jose took to social media to thank the Indians:
Photo: Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images – Instagram